<VV> The corvair was stupid !

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Fri Sep 19 12:05:04 EDT 2008

> Well, I think we all know that the Corvair gets a bad
> rep from most of the general population, thanks Ralph.
> It was somewhat surprising to see how little these so
> called "car guys" know about our cars

I once gave a guy a lift (I can even remember where it was - it was in
Adamstown, PA, antique centre of the world!), and when he got in and
I drove off he was chatting, and he said 'nice car - what is it?'

I told him it was a Corvair, and he said 'a CORVAIR? I thought these things
were banned. They're dangerous, you know - they flip without warning.
Despite my trying to tell him that was absolute garbage, he insisted on me
stopping and letting him out.

So I did, and I drove off disbelievingly, leaving him standing by the side
of the road about 3 miles out of Adamstown in the middle of nowhere.

Serves him right for being an idiot...

Cheers

Alan