<VV> Ignition Firing Order Comparison

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Mon Sep 22 03:30:29 EDT 2008

Looks like I have a "First Edition" 1965 Corvair Manual !
Now if I only had Ed Cole autograph it !

I wonder if there are any other changes I might need ?

Does firing order '1-6-3-4-5-2 ' work for ANY car ?  It seems weird to
me.

Corvair's firing order makes sense : it makes two 'triangles' with the
pistons.

'1-6-3-4-5-2' just seems to skip around and doesn't distribute the load
like the Corvair does.

Here's a Comparison of the Corvair's correct Firing Order and the
erroneous one :
www.yourbuyersinn.com/FiringOrderComparison.JPG

Here is a new, shorter link to the original GM diagram (that is wrong) :

www.yourbuyersinn.com/CorvairManualErrors.jpg

Does our historian have any ideas ?

Thanks
Charlie

PS:

The 'offending' plug wire and Firing Order diagram was scanned from an
original 1965 GM manual.
(It just has a 1964 copyright date.)

CL