<VV> US Politics (NO CORVAIR AT ALL - NOT POLITICAL BUT HUMOROUS!!)

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 04:26:18 EDT 2008

Initial note: Please don't flame me for this - no political point is intended, and I am only writing it because my (50 year-old) wife has just screamed at me that if she ever sees an old car again she will kill me, and has stormed out of the house!

Am I the only person (because I currently have the pleasure of living with a menopausal woman) who has worked out that although 44 year-old Sarah Palin is currently a 'hot chick', within the 8 years of her potential presidential term (if McCain's cancer recurs) her looks will fall apart (which doesn't matter) and, as she could be 52 by the end of it, there is a distinct possibility that the leader of the free world will, in 2014, be a menopausal woman (which matters a lot!).

Picture the scene:

Presidential adviser: Mrs President, we have an unidentified object on the radar coming from the direction of China. It could be a flock of birds or it could be a missile.

Mrs President: I DON'T CARE!!! DON'T BOTHER ME NOW. JUST LET ME HIT THAT RED BUTTON - NOW, WHERE IS IT?

O.K., I might have embroidered it a bit, but it's a scary thought!

Cheers

Alan

P.S. As I said, to the best of my knowledge I am the first person to have worked this out!

P.P.S. No political point is intended here - I am currently quite impressed with both sides of the presidential election, which is a distinct change from the last 2 elections, when I wasn't impressed with either lot!

P.P.S. Although the fact that Joe Biden chose to steal Neil Kinnock's life history is very amusing to us Brits, because Neil Kinnock was by common consent about the least impressive orator of the 20th century!