<VV> 1965 GM manual (page 6Y-19, Fig 8i) Spark Plug Wire Placement question

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 10:15:29 EDT 2008

I can't claim to be an authority on this, but I (painfully) remember
replacing the plug wires on my mother's EM using a 1965 manual in the late  '60's.
The plug wires ended up one off around the distributer cap.   The difference
was GM's change in 1962 (I believe) to a different distributer  and a slightly
different orientation.  I don't have a '60 or '61 around to  confirm this now,
but after the local mechanic gave me that tip I found a used  '60 or '61 EM in
the local Chevy dealer's lot, drew a diagram and rewired Mom's  car.  It
started right up.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Washington DC Suburbs