<VV> 1965 GM manual (page 6Y-19,Fig 8i) Plug firing order

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Mon Sep 22 13:42:53 EDT 2008

Craig and JR :

That's what I thought too - that I was 'miss-tracing' the wires ?
It looks like I traced them right, though.

Most of the wires look to be going to the wrong terminals, not just #3.

I colored them in to be sure I was tracing them right, and now it IS
clear that the figure is wrong (in my edition, IMHO).
http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/CorvairManualErrors.jpg

I think this figure therefore shows the wrong firing order for some
reason.
(This error seems to have been corrected in later editions ?)

Apparently, #1 can be anywhere, as long as the CORRECT firing order is
followed ?
So, ANY position should work as long as it's 1-4-5-2-3-6.

But to be 'Pebble Beach' correct, #1 should be closest to the rear panel
?

I thought that this firing order might be valid in some other engine, so
I made this diagram to see if it made any sense :

http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/FiringOrderComparison.JPG

This was not supposed to be this hard !

Thanks for the lessons !

Charlie