<VV> Quickie questions.

GPARob at aol.com GPARob at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 17:13:03 EDT 2008

Being a fairly new (8 month) Corvair owner, I've got a few hopefully fast
questions.

1.  First one is cosmetic. I've got that "Dirty silver Dashboard"  look-
looks like a Coke exploded and dried on it, and it also looks like it ran  down
towards the bottom. I was thinking a citrus based cleaner, Comet, or Gunk  hand
cleaner as an option. Then I thought of you all!  What do you think?

2.  If I have to repaint the two dashboard panels, (and I'm not  looking
forward to THAT), is there a Rustoleum or Krylon color that's close?

3.  Summer's supposedly over, but I'm still driving around with the  top
down.  When I go to re-attach my cooling tunnels (With one new bellows,  by the
way), is there any trick I need to be thinking of?

4.  My heater lever (to increase or decrease heat temp, not the fan,  or the
heat/defrost lever) is stuck--- will go to full heat, or to half heat,  but
won't come up any farther. Where should I start looking? Under the dash, or
ahead of the engine from underneath?  Cable seems to work well through it's  half
range, and slides smoothly.

5.  Any suggestions for getting rid of some pits in the  crome?  What's best
these days?  My info is 30 years old. Used to be  Simichrome polish, if I
remember right.

6.  Does anyone have a right door with a mirror pulled off of  it?  I need to
get someone to measure for me how far back from the front  edge of the door
do I drill my first hole for the passenger side mirror-  something my car
didn't come with, but that I bought to put on and increase  safety.

Special thanks to the Corvair Club here in Maryland, that checked my car  out
and answered a lot more questions than I have here.  And, thanks in  advance
to any inspired answers I may get.

Happy motoring!

Rob Neighbour
65 Vert, 110 PG