<VV> New tech. The Volt, for one.

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Sep 25 07:13:31 EDT 2008

I really liked the Electrovair and I would even like to
have one :-)   I live in Warren, a suburb on the north
border of Detroit, MI and a 40 mile day was not going
to get me to work and back.  Now I have retired so it
is somewhat more practical ... but now I don't need
it anymore.
Because we do not do anything with 100% efficiency
every conversion of energy results in a loss of
economy.
On pollution, quite a few years ago someone found
a NOS 1919 Buick still in its packing crate in a
warehouse.  Great! Now we can show how much we
have improved cars ... They put it in the California air
chamber and it passed :-{  My dad was in the service
in WW-I and was stationed in LA ... There were days
in which you could cut the fog with a knife.  When
Lewis and Clark got to the Pacific coast the natives
living there told them about a place to the south
called 'the valley of the smokes.'  In about 1982
a study showed that three active volcanos put
more pollutants into the air every 8 hours than man
has in his entire existence :-[  So today we are basing
our energy decisions on 'saving the planet :-)
Ken P

'snip'