<VV> Compression test and TDC

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 07:55:38 EDT 2008

Charles, I'm with Seth on this one. I just finished finding TDC on the mongrel I'm working on. I detected compression stroke on #1 by holding my finger over the plug hole while turning the crank with a box-end wrench! You can feel it trying to suck the tip off your finger when it is on the intake stroke, and it puffs out on the compression stroke. Try it!

 Charles Lee said:

<<With the "remote starter" cranking the engine, I'd probably be able to
feel the compression with my finger, but not when I was cranking
manually though.

Tomorrow we'll see if she fires up - it's been almost 10 years actually,
now that I count the time she's been decorating my driveway !   I heard
some life before the battery died, so it looks good so far.

Later,
Charlie>>

-- Doug Mackintosh

  Corsa member since 1996

  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member

  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on