<VV> Tie rods..

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Sep 25 20:36:19 EDT 2008

I have loosened them in the past by removing the clamps, and gently
spreading the slots open and giving a good shot of my favorite
penetrant, sometimes several times.  You might also wire brush the
exposed threads.  Once you can get them to move back and forth a full
turn either way, put the clamps back on and take it to the shop.  You
could hit them with some anti-sieze as well, to make it easier next
time.

Generally with rusty - but not destroyed - fasteners, this strategy
works for me.  It doesn't work for a pro shop because they don't have
time to go every 4 hours for a couple of days to pry and give another
shot.

--Bryan