<VV> It's been fun...

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Thu Sep 25 21:57:02 EDT 2008

Joe,

VV-help are the admins on this list.  We are the reason you don't get any spam, replies to complete digests, vendor wars...  When the chair or vairorg (the committee who sets policy for this list) decides that someone needs to be moderated or removed, we do it because we have the access.

Alan chose to make this public.  There is at least one other people who are being moderated right now and others who have been restored after a short time.  We are not the Gestapo, we are really pretty tolerant and will approve most anything Corvair or even car related.  On occasion we need slow someone down.  The reason it will on occasion take up to 5 or 6 hours to approve is while there are vv-help members in the east and west time zones, we do overlap on sleep.  We are all volunteers and have real jobs.

I've been a member of vairorg since it started, I'm guessing 12 years ago and a member of vv-help for about 10 years.  The members of vv-help shouldn’t be a secret:  They are I, Bryan Blackwell, Matt Nall, Harry Jensen.  I think a few others who are not active.  We have no set schedule, we just deal with list issues when we have time

It’s actually better since we switched from majordomo to mailman.  With the major our only recourse was to remove a member, now we can moderate and keep the person a part of our community
Dennis for Dennis