<VV> Oil pressure spring

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 12:03:55 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/26/2008 8:29:01 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
monza1965 at yahoo.com writes:

Reading  past posts on oils I have some thoughts concerning the use of the
oil press  spring that increases the oil press to 60 lbs. My freshly rebuilt 110
has this  spring and with a mechanical guage my oil pressure is 60 at idle
and maybe a  little higher with some RPM. Is this to much pressure when used
with some  oils?

Pete, You will probably get some different opinions, but  mine that  this is
way too much pressure for a street vehicle. Chevrolet limited to  pressure to
about 40 psi. They knew what they were doing. Higher pressure just  creates
problems such as heating the oil, and excessive wear.
Regards,
Bob Helt