<VV> Oil Pressure

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sat Sep 27 19:24:49 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "James P. Rice" <ricebugg at mtco.com>
Subject: <VV> Oil Pressure

> Pete:  This will probably start a string of discussion.
>
> Don't confuses oil pressure with oil flow.  They are related, but not the
> same, and can be independent of each other.
>
> That's about all I remember from a hydraulics class I took many years ago
at
> Caterpillar.
>
> Historically Yours,
>                    James Rice
*************
Keeeerecto!

Maybe it would help if we  thought of it as " Back Pressure "  ...... if the
volumn of  flow wuz really high, we  would have very  little Back Pressure
..... hey this really happens when the bearings all get wallowed out ....
lots of flow, and the BackPressure gauge reads relatively low.

Interesting trivia....  mmmm.

********
This sort of also applies to your Turbo Boost gauge ... it is really showing
BackPressure .... for any given turbo and rpm....  if you had somewhere for
that backpressure to go, ( such as more displacement, bigger and better
valves, better exhaust ....   )  your gauge would read lower and you might
think something was wrong.....

reargards,ken campbell, idaway " 4 different answers to every question,  NO
WAITING !!