<VV> Sources for Mechanical Fuel Pumps

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Sep 28 23:14:45 EDT 2008

Bob commented, on 5/4/2008: "...
Just curious, Mike. If you get a chance, please take one apart and see if  it
has the gas dam (see the Tech Guide for a photo)  to prevent (maybe  reduce)
the possibility of gas getting into the crankcase..."

OK Bob, I took one apart: the "damn" IS present.  Moreover, the diaphragms
are fabric reinforced. Again, after having multiple  failures with other
supplier's pumps, the NAPA, # M3988, as produced by Federal  Mogul, is the only one
I've found that does not eventfully start weeping from  between the sections.
I've also had other supplier's pumps simply quit  pumping for no apparent
reason. OBTW: I use a filter between the fuel tank and  the inlet to the pump.

Mike Mauro