<VV> Reasons for a buzzer.

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 15:43:21 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/29/2008 12:23:18 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes:

An  interesting trivia item to everyone on this subject, though not
applicable  to Dave's car. As far as I know, non-turbo Corsa's didn't have a
buzzer  installed, though the wires were  there.

-Mark

I agree, Mark - Of all of the 140 Corsas I have owned, none came with a
buzzer. I installed it on a few of them. Here is an additional reason for the
buzzer - and for maintaining your "Idiot" lights.  A friend bought a nice,  new
1974 BMW 2002 (back in 1974). He ordered it with an optional VDO gage  package.
Three beautiful gages in the middle of the dash. The gage pack replaced  the
idiot lights, at least for the oil pressure. His wife was driving it once  and
an oil cooler line came off. She was not watching the gage, no warning
light, and cooked the inside of the motor. That is in street  driving where you
should have plenty of time to watch the gages. Most racing  Corvairs I see,
these-days, have a huge light (A trailer taillight works well)  mounted in/on the
dash, hooked up to either the oil pressure sender (high  minimums suggested)
the cooling fan indicator (which can be pressure or  idler-position fed) or head
temp switches. Or to all three of them!  -  Seth