<VV> No Corvair but GM tech question

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Fri Apr 17 11:01:40 EDT 2009

There is a lot of knowledge on this list and I'm hoping I can milk some of it.

My nephew has acquired a '98 Cadillac, 4.6 STS twincam engine.

It needs a head gasket.   He's already been through the gauntlet of
being told to take it to the Caddie dealership and let them replace
the head gaskets, to the tune of 4900 bucks.

After all, "It's a Cadillac and you should expect to pay a little
more".     Yeah right.

Does ANYone in here know the story on the "special tools" needed to
do this?    Or, how about where to look for a Chilton's manual for
the car?   Those Advance/Autozone books are no help.

No good for the library either;somebody stole the Chilton's books...

tony..