<VV> Oil cooler

Rodney Spooner corvairenterprises at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 19:18:12 EDT 2009

Of course you're right about the Offenhouser oil pan AND while they look pretty they are pretty expensive. I couldn't say if the polish helps with the cooling or not. If your temp sender isn't getting a true reading, why don't you stick it somewhere where it will?

I still say that mounting a larger remote oil cooler from a nice big car or truck purchased from a wrecking yard is more efficient and cost effective don't you agree?

Larry writes:

I use a aluminum oil pan, ( Offenhouser polished)  it holds one  more
quart, and being down it the air stream helps.  My temp sender in is  the lower
side of the pan, so its not a true reading,  Around town in stop  and go 150
degrees and on the freeway 140 degrees !  The air flows  helps draw the
heat.

Larry
retired auto shop owner
61  monza