<VV> Oil cooler

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 21:35:17 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/23/09 4:18:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
corvairenterprises at yahoo.com writes:

Of  course you're right about the Offenhauser oil pan AND while they look
pretty  they are pretty expensive. I couldn't say if the polish helps with
the cooling  or not. If your temp sender isn't getting a true reading, why
don't you stick  it somewhere where it will?

I still say that mounting a  larger remote oil cooler from a nice big car
or truck purchased  from a wrecking yard is more efficient and cost effective
don't you  agree?

Larry writes:

I use a aluminum oil pan, ( Offenhauser  polished)  it holds one  more
quart, and being down it the air  stream helps.  My temp sender in is  the
lower
side of the pan,  so its not a true reading,  Around town in stop  and go
150
degrees and on the freeway 140 degrees !  The air flows  helps  draw the
heat.

Larry
retired auto shop owner
61   monza

Polished LOOKS pretty but reflects heat, does not conduct it away from the
pan.  Try a matte-black finish, however you can get it (fine spray,
anodizing, whatever.)

Scotty from Hollyweird
**************Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219799634x1201361008/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133440%3B36002254%3Bj)