<VV> supersize wheels, was: More Re: Brakes grabbing

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Thu Aug 6 21:07:52 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <airvair at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> supersize wheels, was: More Re: Brakes grabbing

> True, to an extent. That being what you point out. And since many of those
> vehicles that are presently subject to the owners putting humongous wheels
> with rubber band tires (tires that are only a little taller than a rubber
> band would be if stretched around the rim) aren't the kind that need such
> race-intended improvements, the result is laughable. What the owners in
> all likelyhood get is a vehicle that rides like a log wagon. And heaven
> forbid that they ever hit a pothole! Can we say "instant rim destruction?"
> -Mark
***********
Right on, right on, right on !!!

Out here in the sticks where I practice my wannabee boy racer stuff ...
the conditions are more like winter ralleye severe ...   potholes, cracks,
poor surface grading efforts, odd piles of ice and rocks left in the racing
... uh, I mean practice ...line ....

so, some " Compliance" built into the tire is good ...  ralleye simulation
is like a box of chocolates, you just dont every know what you are going to
get ... and maybe 1/4 second warning to figure out what you are  going to do
about it ...

I like the 60 series consumer performance tires ( the BFG Comp family has
served me well ... ) for street use ...

*********
I wouldn't dare to presume to recommend a track tire .. except maybe to do
the " racer smart" thing, and go get whatever the guy that passed you is
using (g) ...

reargards, ken campell, iwahoe