<VV> Generator noise/ polarization?

David Foster NeighborDave at roadrunner.com
Thu Aug 27 20:48:24 EDT 2009

Could a wiring or voltage regulator issue cause a generator to reverse polarize intermittantly?

My problem is noise and vibration from generator that come and go like turning a switch on and off.

The generator was installed B4 last weekend trip and seemed OK for 300 mi.
It was a spare that I had and was not installed with a new voltage regular.

I dissambled the generator today and the bearing and bushing are fine. The problem also seems to be gone.

Dave Foster
63 Spyder
Westlake OH