<VV> marshalltown

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 13:36:49 EDT 2009

We just returned form the best autocross/track event ever at the
Marshalltown Kart Track.
   It wasn't perfect for me as I lost by turbo seal and bearing on the
second lap. It was a brand new, not rebuilt, Rajay E flow,Crown turbo.
If it weren't for the good experience at the Mitty and the following
Classic Motorsports, Sept. Thomas/Roe article,I'd think that there was
a black cloud following me.
    I have got to drive a lot of other interesting cars though.
Including Michael's which I placed second in.
Michael demolished my old record by 1.3 seconds and I got to hand him
the Top Tweety this time!
Michael's Yellow "for sale" 3100cc race car ran away from the field.
I drove his car in 2nd car all around the track from 3500 to 7200 rpm.
Great torque and horsepower.
    This track is a good dyno run in itself. It's a lot more fun than a
boring stationary dyno.
A record 45 entrants had a great time. Mickey Prosise got the Tweety's
Choice award for her excellent time keeping.

Warren