<VV> CORSA

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Thu Dec 3 18:15:28 EST 2009

I suggested CORSA  run the dues to $100...

I would tend to agree more with $100 than $45 -- but at least try $75

a change from 45 to 75 would increase revenues more than 50% and
would not increase expenses.  It would transition the club to live in
an environment of fewer (rather than more) members.  I am not saying
we should not try and get every Corvair owner to join -- but even
doing that, we are a dwindling crowd.  Someone else mention the age
factor and they are so right.

If I were king for the day I'd try $75 AND make an optional $100
premium membership.  For that extra $25 I would do something special
(print names in magazine, or special table at convention, or a cheap
t-shirt, or a special issue CORSA magazine (1 extra mag) for them or
... something.  I would sell it honestly -- the real purpose of the
extra 25 is to help CORSA survive.

And then I would make sure the magazine had a new section for the
stock restorer/Concours people ... there ought to be enough people to
make this happen.  I also enjoy "period correct" mods -- my sedan is
modified but only as to things that could have been done in 62 such
as the Judson.  It actually is my daily driver in town (I only
commute 9 miles).  George Folchi (the Judson guru) was amazed, he
never heard of anyone actually driving a Judson car).  It is actually
pretty cool.

But a lot of people -- the people that sent me hate mail on the price
of my car -- are going to hate this.  And we have to respect
them.  My grandfather joined CORSA from day one and I have every
single magazine ever from CORSA including the special ones they used
to make (my idea was not original).  He payed hundreds for his cars
and is astounded at my restored cars ... at 94 he is astounded at a
lot of things in the modern world.  8 years ago he was the first
person to drive my Spyder after I bought it -- even before I drove
it.  He would not approve of the higher dues, fancy restorations,
etc. (I remember a sedan he had that was leaking from the front vents
in to the front floor ... he filled it with silicone and called it
done ... it lasted decades that way ... I remember him painting his
own car with spray cans and no booth ... but his cars always purred
right along.  Some of you may know him, Walter Schroeder of San Luis
Obispo, CA).

I hope the board is listening.  Every time I see their statements on
increasing membership I cringe ...

Merry Christmas from:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

However, most new pictures are on Facebook.