<VV> Director's comments

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Thu Dec 3 15:57:45 EST 2009

I usually wait each month for my Communique to arrive but sometimes it
is on the 10th, sometimes it is on the 1st.   Mine hasn't arrived yet.
With all the controversy about Jackson's comments I had to read his
post.   That was the first problem.   I couldn't figure out how to get
to it.   There is no direct link to the online Communique on the CORSA
website.   After fumbling around for 5 minutes or so I somehow found it
under "member benefits".   Then the print was so small I couldn't read
it.   Eventually I clicked on the 1:1 button and had to figure out how
to position the mouse and drag the thing to where I could read it.
Mission accomplished.
I find nothing wrong with his comments.   He is trying to drag us,
kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.   Unfortunately not all of
us want to be there!   Let's face it, our cars are dinosaurs and most of
us are also!   I don't even like electronic ignitions let alone
computers in cars.   I have used a Pertronix Ignitor as it is easy to
hook up but I don't understand how it works.   I use a computer also but
don't understand how it works.   My mother-in-law is 89 and she hasn't
mastered the remote control for a TV let alone figured out how to use a
computer.   It seems the older we are, the less likely we are to embrace
new technology.   So the challenge to CORSA is how to attract the
younger tech-savvy members without losing the older folks.   I wouldn't
mind the online Communique without a paper copy if that would save CORSA
some money.   Others prefer the paper copy.   I think regional
conventions make sense in today's economy.   National conventions are
pretty expensive in my retired, fixed- income mind.   Oh well, time for
me to turn some wrenches instead of blathering here!
Clark Hartzel, lost in the 60's