<VV> CORSA is broken

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 14:57:36 EST 2009

Let's do an experiment. We'll use the issue of the national convention. Give the membership three choices. Now when the replies come in and there's a 28%, 30% and a 42%, do we, the board, select the one that was 42% and risk alienating the other 58%? OK a three way was too difficult, how about a "this or that" choice that's split 55% to 45%.

Look at VV as a slice of CORSA. Do we ever agree on anything? Maybe in general we all would like to see different things happen with CORSA, but what specifically?

Anytime we (the board) try something different we hear all sorts of complaints. No matter what it is, the complaints outnumber compliments 10 to 1. So who wants to be on the board when the econorun is eliminated from the national convention (I just picked the econorun randomly) there by eliminating or vastly changing the Cole award. How about the calls to do away with the national convention all together. You'll also be eliminating the Yenko, Mitchell and Cole (among other national awards). These are awards that some of our members spend serious money to compete for and win.

With all the ideas and what should happen comments, I'd expect to see several candidates for each board position. Anyone what to bet on that actually happening?

Ned