<VV> CORSA is broken

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Dec 9 15:23:58 EST 2009

aeroned at aol.com wrote:

> So who wants to be on the board when the econorun is eliminated from the national convention

Ooh!  Ooh!  Me!  Me!

[ grin ! ]

I have long had a hate-hate relationship with the econorun and I have
often said that I would kill it dead if I were king.  But more
seriously, what I would do is relegate the econorun to a vast store of
events and activities that *could* be done but which must not necessary
be done at each and every convention.  In this way, each convention
would not be a clone of the others, each convention could have a
distinctive array of events and activities, chosen to best suit the time
and place, and each convention could shed a day if not two.

After all, CORSA's By-Laws require that a convention include "the annual
membership meeting, a Concours d'Elegance, at least one other competitive
event, technical or general interest sessions, commercial vendor
displays, a Board of Directors meeting, and an awards banquet. Other
events may be
scheduled at the discretion of the hosting chapter."  Nowhere does this
document dictate that a road rally and an econorun and an autocross and
a valve cover race be included in every convention.  Think innovatively!

--Bob