<VV> CORSA is broken

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Dec 9 15:46:14 EST 2009

Ned writes

With all the ideas and what should happen comments, I'd expect to see several candidates for each board position. Anyone what to bet on that actually happening?

I won't chastise Ned for saying "run for the Board", which over the last 20 years has been a sing/song for previous Boards for members who didn't agree with what they were doing, possibly longer.

Run?  CORSA CAN'T EVEN GET MORE THAN 25% OF THE MEMBERSHIP TO SUMBIT A BALLOT AND VOTE FOR WHO IS RUNNING!

 Back when we had 6000 odd members, I never remember seeing more than 10% of the paid membership (those who got ballots because they were on the cover or inside the magazine that only paid members get) vote in an election.

I think there are some well meaning new faces on the board.  From what the new directors have written on V V, and the call I got from one of them, they see the problems from a fresh perspective---they're not out to blame previous boards for their decisions---and they want to make  changes that will save the club.

After finally getting my communique and reading the directors column, though I disagreed with him in several areas, that column was a bucket of ice water in the face of the membership that's LONG overdue.

Perhaps next year a few MORE new faces on the board can affect said change.

But when you've been a member for 20 years or more and used to NOT seeing anything get done, no matter how bad the situation, or at best a temporary band-aid placed,  you have to wait and see.

That's what I'm going to do.   If common sense prevails, I'll call Harry (I just got off the phone with him a minute ago) and re-join.

In the meantime,  I can't bring myself to pay increased dues to support an organization that doesn't demand PAY FOR PLAY--FROM EVERYONE.

Should the guy who's 80+ years old and an original owner, sold his car and can't even see well enough to drive anymore pay as much as the guy socking thousands into his resto?  Don't think so, but he should pay SOMETHING.  Or the chapter can make him an honorary member.  Since he doesn't drive, insurance isn't an issue.

I disagree that this is the "most annoying forum", but  I hope the directors both monitor  V V and take note of what is being bandied about, and keep  V V up to date on proposals they are considering, etc.

Hank