<VV> CORSA is broken

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 18:32:30 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/9/2009 3:07:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes:

What I  find most important with CORSA are (in no particular order):

A) club  event insurance

B) the CC magazine

C) The CORSA annual  convention

D) the many friends and personalities I've met at the  conventions

E) the parts swap meet and vendors' area at the  convention

F) the personal contacts developed thru CORSA

G) the  tech and historical articles and information that can be had thru
the CC  and national convention

Note a pattern here? Everything but the first  two items revolve around the
national convention. Granted, I live for the  national convention every
year. I feel that anyone who hasn't been to at  least ONE national
convention, let alone a regional meet (like the DACC  Homecoming) hasn't a
clue as to what the national club is good for. Like  one long-time friend
said to me once, the national convention is more like  a family reunion than
a convention.

The personal contact one  develops by attending the national convention vs
staying at home is  comparable to the difference between living your life on
the moon and  living in Manhatten. Or if you're a thirty-under something,
spending all  your time on the internet or texting people. That to me is
totally devoid  of the human contact that makes life 3 dimensional. The
younger generation  is missing out on the richness of human life, IMHO.

Here's my opinion:

(A) I belong to a local club, but due to health reasons, seldom attend
meetings--the monthly club newsletter--Westwinds-helps me keep in touch.

(B) I enjoy it, but could do without it; I could more easily get it on the
WWW.

(C) I've, due to distance, only attended one National Convention,which my
local club (Corsa West) sponsored in 2008.  I enjoyed it, met several of
the people I've talked with on VV and Fastvairs--but in my area I have a
regional convention--the Great Western Fan Belt Toss--which I have enjoyed,
although my 'Vair worries me as to driving that far.

(D) Total agreement

(E) Nice to look at, but seldom can afford to buy

(F) Total agreement

(G) Enjoyable, but not essential

The CC would suit me just fine on the 'Net (might even be better, due to
space considerations--I've heard of articles that I would have been VERY
interested in being unpublished due to insufficient interest on the part of the
 editors or of insufficient space on paper.)

Regional conventions rather than one National Convention--how many people
from the East Coast attended the Ventura Convention--besides the national
vendors? I couldn't make it to the Detroit Convention, even though I have a
cousin living in Sterling Heights--just a few miles from the Convention
site. No  money, and didn't want to chance driving my LM coupe that far.

BTW, my 65 is my daily driver--why would I want to drive something which
isn't as good-driving a car, even if is was newer?

Scotty from Hollyweird

.