<VV> Road Rallies

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Dec 10 10:16:57 EST 2009

I knew that Bruce would weigh in [grin!].  When I was writing CORSA's
original national rally guidelines, Bruce and I butted heads frequently
over the very point he advocates here:  A requirement for a
championship-style TSD rally at the annual convention.

I disagreed and I wrote a set of guidelines that permitted a variety of
rally types.  But the key distinction is:  Even if a rally is not a true
time-speed-distance rally, the fundamental elements should nonetheless
be predicated on the participants staying on-course, maintaining
appropriate speeds, and completing the route in a reasonable period of
time.  No one should have to "struggle to find landmarks" as was the
original complaint.

Bruce opines that conventions rallies are generally a joke.  Even though
CORSA's rally guidelines are not to Bruce's liking, my complaint is that
convention rally organizers are ignoring the guidelines and "doing their
own thing."

Those interested in the CORSA rally guidelines may find them at

http://www.corvair.org/pdf/rally1.pdf

--Bob