<VV> my fiance' and the 65' Corsa project/parts car

Ray Rodriguez III ravensong13 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 10 22:10:18 EST 2009

If you folks remember the 65' Corsa project that I was talking about parting out a month or so ago.....   I've come up with a new plan and new motivation =)

My fiance' (just got engaged a month ago) has always liked antique cars but has never gotten involved with tinkering with them at all.  She really likes my 66' Corsa coupe and I started thinking about maybe building her a car in the future....

I showed her pics of earlies and lates done in all kinds of different styles and different custom accents... then asked her which she would want for her own (without telling her I was planning anything).  She told me she wanted a late coupe in yellow, with very similar accessories (wheels and such) to my red Corsa.  A sporty yellow late coupe.....

This got me rather excited for a couple reasons... first I already have a half finished Corsa coupe on hand to build it from, and second I LOVE yellow!  I told her a couple days later that I was going to start working on the project car in the basement and make it yellow so she can drive it for however long it holds her interest...  she got MUCH more excited by this idea than I expected...  made all kinds of cute squeaks of excitement... and said "lets start it!!  How soon can we have it done?"

I took her interest in getting involved with the project with a grain of salt...  she's never turned a wrench in her life....  but over the next few days she spent a fair number of hours in the garage with me doing her part and she is still excited about it!  She doesn't have a lot of stamina for it at this point.. it's all unfamiliar to her... but she is definitely doing her best to be involved.  So far we have learned that she much prefers wrenching to sanding and paint prep =P

Here is a pic!!

Ray Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member