<VV> Carter YH carb rebuild

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Fri Dec 11 20:07:01 EST 2009

I'm placing an order with Clark's for some parts to rebuild a 65 #1769
Carter YH carb. I remember reading about a ball that replaces a needle (I
think) that will help stop the fuel leakage after shut down. Is that Clark's
part number C9413 discharge pump ball? If not what is it. Do I really need
it if the carb is built properly? I've got a buddy that REALLY knows turbos
that will be showing me the RIGHT way to rebuild it.

I will also be rebuilding the turbo. When I'm done, I will have a 65 carb
connected to my turbo. The turbo will have a 65 intake housing and impeller
with a 64 exhaust side. This will replace my 64 stock Spyder setup. I am
told that I will be very pleased with this performance upgrade. I look
forward to it.

Dave Thompson

36 Spyder vert (with a 64 drive train)