<VV> Bob's (typically different) viewpoint on 100%

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Dec 16 23:16:35 EST 2009

At 11:09 PM 12/16/2009, AeroNed at aol.com wrote:

>Have you been to Kansas? There's literally hundred of miles between
>chapters. It is 500 miles from Wichita to Denver. According to your
>plan,  the
>person living 250 miles away from the nearest local chapter must pay dues to
>that chapter.

No they mustn't.  They must pay dues to the chapter of their choosing.

>  Is this an argument for or against the 100% CORSA  requirement?

Ahh, you're catching on.  My premise is essentially "against" the
100% CORSA requirement.  Note this from my very first post:

"I think the whole 100% membership debate is relatively
unimportant.  I think that CORSA's membership numbers will continue to fall,
ultimately settling at some point of stabilization, regardless of the
national-local membership policy.

"If you want to feel more comfortable about the current arrangement,
don't think of the local clubs as being "chapters" in the strictest
sense.  Think of them as being "affiliates."  CORSA is fortunate to have them."

--Bob