<VV> 62 Corvair Monza Spyder Convertible Suspension

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 18 23:30:31 EST 2009

Hi Anthony, welcome to Corvairs and VV. Where are you and your
Corvair located? This may help you find local advice as well as a
local Corvair club. Just post your answer to the V V List because if
you don't then others will ask this same question.

Corvairly,
Chuck Armer
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

At 09:18 PM 12/19/2009, you wrote:
>Andy,
>
>Welcome to the wonderful world of Corvairs.
>
>The answer to your question is that there are a number or resources
>available, and some would say, required. The first book I would be would the
>the Shop Manual and Supplement for your year. If you keep the car for any
>reasonable amount of time, this would be a valuable resource. The Shop
>Manual can be purchased from any number of Corvair vendors including one of
>my favorites, Clark's Corvair Parts (www.corvair.com). You should find the
>information you are looking for in the manual.
>
>My second recommendation would to be to identify and join your local
>  Corvair chapter and CORSA, the national Corvair society. You'll find the
>knowledge of the members to be priceless.
>
>Don't let the recent heated discussions dissuade you from joining. We're
>really a great bunch of folks, we are just as passionate about our favorite
>car as we are about our convictions.
>
>George Jones
>--------------------------------
>Secretary, Corvair Society of America (CORSA)
>Eastern Division Director, CORSA
>Performance Corvair Group
>Central Florida Corvair Club (Since 2009)
>Tidewater Corvair Club (since 1987)
>Central Virginia Corvair Club (since 2006)
>CORSA (since 1987)
>'65 Monza Crown V8 Convertible
>'66 Monza Coupe Custom
>

>On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 8:37 PM, <secmast at aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Can any one out there in Corvair Land Help me.  I am new to Corvairs  and
> > the car I have purchased appears to have what is left of a Stabilizer
> > System
> > on the front suspension.  Can anyone tell where I can find a Picture or
> > Diagram of the Suspension, so I can determine what I need to find to return
> > the  car to "Factory."
> > Thanks in advance and a Merry Christmas.
> >
> > Anthony
> > Change your options:
> > http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs

CORSA Member