<VV> Crankshaft (bushing) again!

Ken Clark kcvair at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 22 08:04:24 EST 2009

I assume you're talking about the pilot bushing and I have another question about the pilot bushing.  I've always put it in as without oil of any kind and never had any problems with them.  I think there was recent discussion about soaking it in oil first.  I just got one from Clark's and will be putting it in shortly.  Is it necessary to prolong the life of it or just what every one else does.  The one in it has been in for close to 25 years and 50M+ miles.

I also just drive them in gently untll it bottoms out with the input shaft.  Ken Clark