<VV> Another '62 disassembly question

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 18:41:39 EST 2009

Disassembly is proceeding very well. Most all exterior trim is photographed,
removed, bagged and labeled. Bumpers, front & rear latches, headlight and
taillight assemblies, mirrors, antenna, molding, etc.

My 1st question is how do I remove the lower emblems from the front fenders?
Are they installed with "barrel clips" so that the emblem prongs can be
gently pulled out of the clips and then the clips removed, or are they
installed with speed nutz on the back of the prongs? If there are speed
nutz, how do I access them?

My 2nd question in in relations to the headlight buckets. I have
disassembled the buckets (lights, clips, lens, trim) and removed the screws
that seem to be holding the bucket to the fender. The buckets are painted a
gloss black and the fender still has it's original champaign color, so I
know the brackets must come out, but even with all the screws removed from
the bucket assembly, they don't budge and I don't want to force them. So
what do the experts recommend?

Thanks

Ed Orbea