<VV> really simple dumb question: coil radio noise suppressor

Ray Rodriguez III ravensong13 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 23 10:53:03 EST 2009

Thanks Bill, can you tell me more about this modern noise choke?  Where do
you install it and where do I get one (radio shack?)

Here is what Ive got....

Original factory FM radio
Signal goes out from this to the rear package tray where I run it through a
cheap crossover, through a radio shack ground loop radio noise eliminator
(that knocked it down to 50% of what it was), to a cheap amplifier.
>From that amp the speaker wires go to the four speakers in the rear package
tray and to the one speaker in the factory dash location.

I am using Seth's plug wires

Input to the factory radio is the factory FM antenna and a sattelite radio
unit with an FM direct adapter.. this automatically disonnects the antenna
and pipes the signal for the sattelite radio directly into the antenna input
on the factory radio.

I get noise in the speakers as long as the amp is on, even if the radio is
not on.

The other really odd thing is apparently I only need a single lead for a
radio signal...  when I disconnect the "negative" speaker wire from the
crossover input the music still plays just the same.  I noticed the old
speaker someone had installed in the rear tray had only one wire to the
radio and the other was connected to ground....

Ray Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 hot rodded coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe under construction