<VV> [VV-talk] Taxes

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Feb 1 13:50:07 EST 2009

Mark, just me in the middle.

I do not like consumption taxes (sales tax, VAT in England), but I
wondered why you say they are soak the working people  taxes? If I only
make 20K a year, then I shouldn't spend more than 20K in a year, so my
tax will be based on the 20K I spent. If I make 200K a year, seems to me
I will spend WAAYY more than 20K a year, so my tax paid will be VERY
larger! If I am unbeleiveable in frugality, and I saved 5k of my 20k,
then my tax base will be smaller. It encouages saving, something the
current tax laws do not.

What's bourgeoisie about that?

Frank DuVal
Agreeing that all taxes are paid by consumers, just as higher prices.