<VV> stripped V.C. bolt threads

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 11:56:57 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/13/2009 7:43:48 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, HallGrenn
writes:

(Referring the stud/nut thread "remedy".)

I've seen this "beater" remedy on several cars I've worked on including  one
I purchased.  It works.  Though it nags at me until I can get a  thread repair
done so things are "right" again.

Bob Hall

Good!  That is what it is supposed to do, Nag at you.  <grin>  However, I use
a modified  version of it on my race  motors. I cut threaded rod to the
correct length and install it tightly into all  four valve cover hold-down threaded
holes on the head. I have tall 1/4-20 nuts  (about 1" tall) with the ends
cross-drilled for safety wire. After installing  the valve cover - with the
gasket glued in place in the cover - I tighten the  nuts and safety wire pairs of
nuts across the top of the valve covers. They  never leak and never loosen up,
until you want to replace them or adjust  the valves.  - Seth

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)