<VV> Shipping costs

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Feb 14 16:08:05 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/14/2009 10:42:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bryan at skiblack.com writes:

My  suspicion on this particular shipper is they are
charging a premium  to use Fedex.

--Bryan

As Silicone Wire Systems, I ship a bunch of packages. If you have a FedEx
ground account, your actual shipping costs are less then sending via UPS ground.
 The other benefit (for a low volume shipper) is being able to drop them at
any  "FedEx Kinkos" -(Changing to "FedEx Office") location. For me, that is
very  convenient (and they are open 24 hrs/day). For smaller packages, I use US
Postal  Priority Mail. I use their supplied boxes, pay and print my own labels,
and I  can drop them off day or night at any Post office. I can even leave
them  for my postman to pick up! My shipments to my vendors, some of which are
in  diverse places such as Massachusetts and Oregon (grin), always go FedEx
ground,  because of size and weight. The last time I shipped anything UPS was
when  someone pre-paid it as a return. Since I am always building some racecar, I
 still receive a lot of UPS packages. I suspect that the really large
shippers,  like Summit Racing, get a real "sweetheart" deal because of their volume.
Us  little guys will still be "paying the freight".

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)