<VV> CORSA/CPF BoD Service

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Mon Feb 16 14:10:33 EST 2009

All: Thank you to Tim, Rob and Ned for their thoughtful reality checks about
CORSA.  Go back and reread them.  With comprehension.

Every person who has served on the combined BoD's did so with the intention
of doing something positive.  No one has screwed up or been negligent on
purpose.  What we see as neglect maybe nothing more that an agenda bigger
than the time and skill sets available to individuals or the  group.  The
time and money required to fulfill the responsibilities are at times near
overwhelming, especially for those with out experience or training working
in a multi-faceted team environment staffed by volunteers.

If you don't think this is true, do two things.  Go back in the Communiques
and make a list of those who have severed on the combined BoD's and note how
many only served one term...or less.  I did that once, after I was elected
to the BoD but before my first BoD meeting at Tahoe in '99.  My review was
eye opening, and I figured there was a reason.  I very soon figured out I
was a one term-er, so I thru myself at it.  My wife asked me several times
"Why again are you doing this?"   Second, if said review isn't enough
evidence, get out of the cheap seats, put you time and money where your
mouth is, and run for the combined BoDs.  Life is easy in the cheap seats,
not so easy around the table at a BoD meeting.  Your reality check will be
ready to be cashed upon arrival at Jacksonville.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice

PS:  And stop beating up on Bob Helt.  He has served CORSA as a BoD member
and President, and has otherwise served the Corvair hobby above and beyond
what is reasonable.  How many books has he authored or contributed to.  How
many have you?  How about articles in the Communique?  And you've done what?
He has earned the right to be thoughtfully heard and respected by all of us.