<VV> Wiring question

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Jan 1 18:39:42 EST 2009

Seth is right the wiring diagram shows both manual and automatic reverse
lamp switches.

The switches break the hot wire to the reverse lamps.

The two terminals on the original switch never went to ground. They just
connected together when the reverse almps were called for. The moveable
pin does connect to ground, as it touches grounded parts in the
transmission and the threads that screw into the transmission. There was
an insulator on that moveable pin which also had a contact to connect
the terminals when in the reverse position.

You can certainly use the relay. Or buy the original style switch (boy
are those high now...) or look at Matt's web site showing how to use an
ordinary toggle switch and brackets from the hardware store to switch
the lamps. Your relay and modified switch may last longer than original.
Let us know.

Frank DuVal