<VV> Corvair vs Falcon, Valiant, Chevy II Nova, Chevelle, and later the Camaro

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 04:34:37 EST 2009

What is amazing is how much the design of the late models was copied in
Europe - the Mk 3 Ford Cortina basically used the LM dash design wholesale,
and it came out in 1970, a full 5 years later:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mk3cortina.com/images/p%26jcortina4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mk3cortina.com/history.htm&usg=__yYZqU-sE1VDNNNG7q25ISSATF8k=&h=508&w=509&sz=70&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=fy9IiuqGqH10XM:&tbnh=131&tbnw=131&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmk3%2Bcortina%2Bdash%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26hs%3DPK1%26sa%3DN

I have also had the misfortune to own a Morris Marina (Austin Marina to
you), and I owned a late model Vair at the same time. I was amazed, when
washing them, to find that the profiles of the panels on the front of the
car as far back as the B post are remarkably similar - I am talking
particularly about the shape of the front fender tops, lower wheel arch
pressings, etc - it's basically a total rip-off of the LM Vair as far as
that B post (where it all goes wrong and turns bulbous and pig ugly!):

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.retrowow.co.uk/transport/70s/morris_marina.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.retrowow.co.uk/transport/70s/morris_marina.html&usg=__KCJnmtXo9Uj32KyIsPUJhvGRs5Y=&h=234&w=400&sz=38&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=9bNN_ci0DuB_GM:&tbnh=73&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmorris%2Bmarina%2Bcoupe%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26sa%3DN

Cheers

Alan