<VV> clutch or throwout bearing shaft noise??

Markpowhatan at aol.com Markpowhatan at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 19:27:10 EST 2009

For the third time this year I had to go into the differential and the last
time showed a oil leak onto my clutch so I decided to put in a Clark machined
throwout bearing shaft with two oil seals....  now my clutch sounds just
like a zipper when depressing the pedal.  I first suspected the cable was
dragging on something.  Removing the tunnel cover proved it wasn't but the  noise is
in the bell housing.  The Clark "snout" has fine machining grooves  in it I
noticed,and I wonder if they are causing the noise when the throwout  bearing
slides over them.  Has anyone else ever experienced this after  using a
machines throwout bearing shaft?