<VV> ring job - looking ...

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 3 21:12:46 EST 2009

Hi Dave, the oil pump problem seems to be a stuck relief valve that caused
excessive pressure and blew out the oil filter's seal. Stuck relief valves
are fairly common on engines that haven't run for a long time.
The belt should only be tight enough that you can still turn the blades of
the alternator/generator fan without hurting your finger. Is it possible
that you drove it farther than you think with no belt? That would account
for most of the other symptoms.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun