<VV> ring job - QUIT looking ...

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Jan 4 08:00:04 EST 2009

Ahhh yes!
In our youth no one told us you can't do that.
I once helped a good friend change a piston and jug on his 65 in the car
port next to his apartment.
It was dark, 20 degrees out and the wind was howling. We had no torque
wrench or other real tools to speak of but he needed the car to get to work
the next day.
We placed card board all around the car to knock down some of the cold wind.
Made many short trips into the house to warm our hands up.
We used a table lamp for a drop light as he didn't have one of those either.
At least it wasn't snowing! His wife was upset with him about something and
kept sticking her head out the door yelling at him. (They have long since
been divorced!) We got the job done and he drove the car for a year or so
before trading it for a custom van.
Also it had been a turbo at one time but a PO had replaced it with carbs. It
had no performance as it still had the turbo distributor. Once we realized
that we stuck one in from a 110 and it ran better but was still doggy. He is
still one of my best friends but I can't get him interested in Corvairs
again. Go figure!

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com