<VV> Corvair v. everyone - Did Chrysler rule "Style Wars" ? 2c worth

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Sun Jan 4 12:37:03 EST 2009

I bought a new LeMans Sprint 6 in '66.  High compression (premium fuel),
big valves, hd valve springs, free-flow exhaust, SOHC with hydraulic
adjusters, gilmer timing belt, etc.  It was a great car (after they
fixed the oil consumption problem under warranty) that revved to 7K+
with no problem (redline was 6,800 IIRC).  The only issue was clutch
chatter on the 4 speed due to the soft engine mounts.  But, like the
Corvair, it wasn't a V8 so it got no respect -- except from the folks I
dusted in street races.

Dave Keillor