<VV> Before and After Balance Tube Dual Exhaust Videos

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 5 01:25:41 EST 2009

This weekends project was to swap the entire front end on Mike's Rat Rod '65
Monza Coupe (110/PG)  While we were waiting for a brake hose to arrive we
decided to put our time to good use and install a balance tube on his dual
exhaust system.

Mike wasn't particularly fond of the sound of the exhaust on his car, too
loud, too blatty.  It's something we pulled off a parts car, obviously made
by somebody that knew what they were doing, as it had REALLY nice collars
for the U-pipes.  But the U-pipes themselves were not stock Corvair.  It
looks like the work of an exhaust shop.  The mufflers had 2 or 2.5" inlets
with 1.5 outlets

I've read about the benefits of a balance tube, I understand the principle
behind them, but I'd never actually had the opportunity to do a before and
after type comparison.  Until now.

These were both shot on Mike's cell phone so the video quality is the pits,
but it's the sound we're after.

Here's the "before" video:
http://tinyurl.com/before-balance-tube

Here's the "after" video:
http://tinyurl.com/after-balance-tube

Have a listen and let us know what you think.

For that matter.  I haven't had a chance to talk with Mike today.  I'd like
to hear his feedback after having a chance to drive it.

Regards,
Joel

P.S. The talking head at the beginning of the "after" video, is Mike
"Westbrier" Weirmier and I'm the yahoo in the blue reving up the engine.

P.P.S. This engine is the mouse home motor seen here:
http://tinyurl.com/mouse-motor