<VV> GM Information- Cosworth Vega - No vair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 01:15:31 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/6/2009 2:44:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jfannin at gmail.com writes:

The bit  about 16-valve engines kind of stuck in my teeth though:

"It’s not that we don’t know how to make a 16-valve engine,” replied  a
senior program manager, “but it would add $62 to the cost  and most of
our buyers wouldn’t notice the  difference."

As I recall, the 1975 Cosworth Vega (16 valves) was a bit more than a  $62
increase over the Vega GT. The list price was $5,916 - One Vega for the  price
of Two - What a deal! Not sure if the non-buyers noticed the 16 valves,  they
noticed the difference in price  - and ran!

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette