<VV> RACK AND PINION ON VAIR

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Jan 7 21:33:50 EST 2009

Sounds like a neat project Tim.  I agree, with new steering boxes
available I don't think on a street car it would be worth it.  For a
competition car where you want to fix the bump steer you're already
modifying the steering anyway, and as Seth pointed out a fuel cell
solves the issue of the gas tank being in the way.  I don't think
there's enough improvement in the feel (a Corvair's manual steering
is pretty good in that regard) that it would be worth doing.

--Bryan