<VV> CORVAIR UNDERGROUND 1974-2009

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Jan 8 00:17:05 EST 2009

Lon,
I know I speak for a lot of people when I say "Thank You".... you've been
more than just a businessman and supplier of parts, but you've been a wealth of
knowledge, a source of humor, a voice of reason, and above all else, a
friend.
I'll never forget the time I called looking for a speedometer cable and  just
like Kris Kringle at Macy's, you said "I don't have one, but  Gimball's (Cal)
does!"...
That's not a businessman, that's a friend...
I've done what I could over the years to buy what I can from you, even if I
do have to pay a little more in shipping than I would from "the Falls"... and
it  saddens me to hear about you leaving the parts supplier scene, but you've
done a  mighty fine job for the last 35 years. I've been to enough funerals
lately to  recite from memory that bit about how a difference one has made in
one's  life is summed up by just a little "dash" between the dates of one's
beginning  and one's end... well, Corvair Underground has made a huge
difference...  probably more than you will ever know. So again, I say "Thank You", your
bargains and penguins and bizarre sense of humor in your sale ads will be
sorely  missed.... but you, my friend, deserve a break from the daily grind... go
enjoy  your well deserved retirement, and God bless!
Your friend,
Lonzo.... the younger, much larger, Lon

In a message dated 1/7/2009 5:52:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,