<VV> Corvair Underground

Wayne B. afvair at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 09:57:58 EST 2009

Posted by: afvair ()
Date: January 08, 2009 11:31AM

Lon,
I am very sorry to hear this. I have bought parts from you since 1999 to fix up the first Corvair I had, my 65 Corsa. When I got your catalog, it was written and illustrated in a way that made it fun to just thumb through and dream about all the parts I wanted. I can't tell you the number of hours that I enjoyed it.

Then on to our club members who would drive all the way to Portland, just to attend your summer tours. I wish I would have gone on one of those now.

Then there was the engine that needed rebuilding, I bought my rebuilt kit from you...and now recently the restoration of my 65 turbo vert, saw my check book come out again for parts again.

Remember our show in St. George Utah in 2001 "The Corvair Gathering". I was so impressed when you and Linda drove all the way from Portland Oregon to meet us in Salt Lake City for our Caravan to St. George. I remember when your blue monza fuel pump gave out, and all of us club members were sure it had gone south. Then you said, "anyone have a wrench here, so I can just double check the fittings". You tightened your fittings, and the Monza started up and ran flawlessly. Our club mechanics discovered they were all wrong, that your pump was still good...when your car started right up, finishing a fun and uneventful trip to ST. George, Utah.

I remember another trip when the show got big and we had to move it to Mesquite Nevada. Again you drove all the way from Portland, this time in your white Greenbriar, full of parts for all of us to enjoy. THat really put the iceing on the cake for our fun show. Then I remember another year, when our club invited you to be our guest speaker at the Corvair Gathering in Mesquite. Again, you willingly accepted, driving another several hundred miles to come and participate.

I want to personally THANK YOU for all those wonderful years when you supported our small yet fun club. I hope we will be hearing good news from you in the future, about perhaps another Corvair venture you will get into. We will miss the Corvair Underground more than you know.

Wayne Broadhead
Kaysville, Utah
BCC - Bonneville Corvair Club
CORSA
'66 Coupe
'65 turbo vert, in pieces from the paint shop