<VV> 5-speed trans Super Monza Info

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Jan 11 14:19:50 EST 2009

I'll add a little to this, others in the Central VA club and CPF can add
more corrections.

The 60 (not 61) Super Monza was advertised in the Communique. No one
bought it due to the poorly worded ad ( 1960 Show Car, needs
restoration). At the same time, members of the CVCC that worked at
Reynolds Aluminum were looking into the story of a special Corvair that
came through Reynolds and was aquired by the Reynolds Family. It was the
Super Monza, and was still owned by the Reynolds family in KY. End
result, the Super Monza was donated to the CVCC, and we worked on it to
a point (lack of funds and time). Then it was given to Corsa to oversee
the rest of the restoration. It was on display at the Corvair museum in
Richmond until it closed.

The car had the stock powerglide.

Frank DuVal